POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Layered finish problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Layered finish problem (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: triple r
Subject: Layered finish problem
Date: 10 May 2008 13:10:00
Message: <web.4825d60069f7b948dcb320720@news.povray.org>
I have a layered texture.  Pigment is transparent in some places so lower layers
show through.  I can't map the texture because then I can't layer them.  If I
apply an irid finish to each layer, they add up and wash out the texture.  If I
apply irid at then end, outside a texture block, only the top-most texture picks
it up.  If I apply it inside a texture block, it doesn't work with the layered
normals.  Is there a way to simply apply an iridescent finish to the whole
texture?

 - Ricky