POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is this called? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  What is this called? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: newpov
Subject: What is this called?
Date: 2 Feb 2008 00:20:00
Message: <web.47a3fcf73d7a7f2ced7c31360@news.povray.org>
Hi I'm new to pov newsgroup.
Lately I've been using splines for coloring and scaling instead of just tracing
paths for objects, I was wondering if anyone knew what the technical term for
this is other than just spline scaling/coloring.
Some example code is below.

camera {look_at 0 location -25*z-10*x}
background {rgb 1}
light_source{<-25,5,-25> rgb 1}
#declare msp=spline{linear_spline
0,<2,1,2>,
5,<3,1,5>
5.5,1,
6,<.1,1,10>
10,<1,1,1>}
#declare msp2 = spline{linear_spline
0,<5,0,0>,
4,<0,5,0>,
5,<0,10,3>,
6,<5,11,0>,
10,<0,-5,0>}
#declare msp3 = spline{linear_spline
0,y,
5,y,
9.1,x,
10,1}
#declare obj1 = union{
#declare a1 = 0;
#while (a1<=10)
sphere{0,.5 pigment {rgb msp3(a1)}
scale msp(a1) translate msp2(a1) }
sphere{0,.5 pigment {rgb z} scale msp(a1) translate msp2(a1)-8*x}
#declare a1 = a1+.01;
#end}
object{obj1}

Post a reply to this message

> Lately I've been using splines for coloring and scaling instead of just tracing
> paths for objects, I was wondering if anyone knew what the technical term for
> this is other than just spline scaling/coloring.

Interpolation.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com