POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question about POV-Tree Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Question about POV-Tree (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: RusHHouR
Subject: Question about POV-Tree
Date: 20 Dec 2007 15:20:01
Message: <web.476acdf38c9c8aa347d3ae5e0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'll get to the point (almost;) directly. The extremely usefull treemacro
maketree thing, seen here and there. It makes trees more beautiful and detailed
than I can ever make with my simple squares and cylinders. However, as Im
currently providing some graphics to a open source game i was wondering if we
could use trees made via povtree in this game?

So, does anyone know what license the maketree macro is released under?

Thankful for replies.

//Rush

Post a reply to this message

> currently providing some graphics to a open source game i was wondering if we
> could use trees made via povtree in this game?

if it's Gilles Tran's MakeTree, as in:
http://www.oyonale.com/modeles.php?lang=en&page=1

it uses the Creative Commons by Attribution license.  You're free to use, share
and adapt as long as you attribute the work to the original author.  Kinda like
the BSD software license...

Post a reply to this message

> > currently providing some graphics to a open source game i was wondering if we
> > could use trees made via povtree in this game?
>
> if it's Gilles Tran's MakeTree, as in:
> http://www.oyonale.com/modeles.php?lang=en&page=1
>
> it uses the Creative Commons by Attribution license.  You're free to use, share
> and adapt as long as you attribute the work to the original author.  Kinda like
> the BSD software license...

BTW, Gilles's maketree is truly wonderful and wicked fast! :)

Post a reply to this message