POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : effective use of free textures Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  effective use of free textures (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Leef me
Subject: effective use of free textures
Date: 15 Dec 2007 19:00:01
Message: <web.476469ec9fd62835892adb1d0@news.povray.org>
I noticed an advertisement on the Povray newsgroups and visited the website.
        http://free-textures.got3d.com/index.html

They have stuff for sale and some free textures available: trees, bushes, grass,
etc and several "character references".

Can someone suggest how these might actually be used in Povray? In particular my
curiosity is about tree textures and character references. I can only think of
using them as an image map on a plane. Very 2-d thinking.

Is there any other creative way to use them?

Thanks.

Leef_me

Post a reply to this message

> I noticed an advertisement on the Povray newsgroups and visited the website.
>         http://free-textures.got3d.com/index.html
>
> They have stuff for sale and some free textures available: trees, bushes, grass,
> etc and several "character references".
>
> Can someone suggest how these might actually be used in Povray? In particular my
> curiosity is about tree textures and character references. I can only think of
> using them as an image map on a plane. Very 2-d thinking.
>
> Is there any other creative way to use them?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Leef_me

in a photo frame?
not very creative, I know

Post a reply to this message

Leef_me nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/15 18:57:
> I noticed an advertisement on the Povray newsgroups and visited the website.
>         http://free-textures.got3d.com/index.html
>
> They have stuff for sale and some free textures available: trees, bushes, grass,
> etc and several "character references".
>
> Can someone suggest how these might actually be used in Povray? In particular my
> curiosity is about tree textures and character references. I can only think of
> using them as an image map on a plane. Very 2-d thinking.
>
> Is there any other creative way to use them?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Leef_me

The free "textures" are not realy textures at all. They can be used in picture
frames or as backdrops behind windows or openings.
The ones for sale can be used on a polygon or wraped around an object.

--
Alain
EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

An Hourglass is Female, because over time, the weight shifts to the bottom.