POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray beta updates Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray beta updates (Message 1 to 10 of 59)
From: dkanter
Subject: POV-Ray beta updates
Date: 3 Oct 2007 12:40:00
Message: <web.4703c596414a4941c6e216f40@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray beta 22 is now out of date, which means I have to screw around with
my system clock to get it to function.

Could the powers that be put beta 23 online?  It would be nice to have a
functional beta version of the application available as soon as the old one
expires.

Thanks,

David Kanter
Editor
Real World Tech

Post a reply to this message

> POV-Ray beta 22 is now out of date, which means I have to screw around with
> my system clock to get it to function.
>
> Could the powers that be put beta 23 online?  It would be nice to have a
> functional beta version of the application available as soon as the old one
> expires.
>
> Thanks,
>

> David Kanter
> Editor
> Real World Tech

If you use a beta version, you will have to deal with that issue. Next
beta will be online when devs have time to do it.

Post on povray.beta-test for beta stuff next time ;)

Post a reply to this message

>> POV-Ray beta 22 is now out of date, which means I have to screw around with
>> my system clock to get it to function.
>>
>> Could the powers that be put beta 23 online?  It would be nice to have a
>> functional beta version of the application available as soon as the old one
>> expires.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> David Kanter
>> Editor
>> Real World Tech
>>

> If you use a beta version, you will have to deal with that issue. Next
> beta will be online when devs have time to do it.

Which (for windows) ought to be this weekend.

Starting with that beta I will be changing things such that after the
expiry date, a warning is displayed which has to be clicked-through rather
than not running at all. Though there probably still will be an absolute
timeout, it will be in the order of six to twelve months or so.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:47057eb5$1@news.povray.org...
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>>> POV-Ray beta 22 is now out of date, which means I have to screw around
>>> with
>>> my system clock to get it to function.
>>>
>>> Could the powers that be put beta 23 online?  It would be nice to have a
>>> functional beta version of the application available as soon as the old
>>> one
>>> expires.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> David Kanter
>>> Editor
>>> Real World Tech
>>>

>> If you use a beta version, you will have to deal with that issue. Next
>> beta will be online when devs have time to do it.
>
> Which (for windows) ought to be this weekend.
>
> Starting with that beta I will be changing things such that after the
> expiry date, a warning is displayed which has to be clicked-through rather
> than not running at all. Though there probably still will be an absolute
> timeout, it will be in the order of six to twelve months or so.
>
> -- Chris

Post a reply to this message

"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:47057eb5$1@news.povray.org...
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>>> POV-Ray beta 22 is now out of date, which means I have to screw around
>>> with
>>> my system clock to get it to function.
>>>
>>> Could the powers that be put beta 23 online?  It would be nice to have a
>>> functional beta version of the application available as soon as the old
>>> one
>>> expires.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> David Kanter
>>> Editor
>>> Real World Tech
>>>

>> If you use a beta version, you will have to deal with that issue. Next
>> beta will be online when devs have time to do it.
>
> Which (for windows) ought to be this weekend.
>
> Starting with that beta I will be changing things such that after the
> expiry date, a warning is displayed which has to be clicked-through rather
> than not running at all. Though there probably still will be an absolute
> timeout, it will be in the order of six to twelve months or so.
>
> -- Chris

I still believe you will get more testers if you totally remove the timeout
(dont even get me started on the idea of a nag warning to click through!
Bad bad bad!!!!!).  Having to keep mucking around with date/time settings to
get it to run or reverting back to 3.6 is a pita so I for one dont bother
with any betas.  If however there was no nag, or timeout, I would be more
than happy to beta test.

Cheers Dre

Post a reply to this message

> so I for one dont bother with any betas.

  Sweet (but childish) revenge?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message