POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ground fog problems Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  ground fog problems (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: kike
Subject: ground fog problems
Date: 3 Oct 2007 03:45:02
Message: <web.47034590f0d1b0c6be7bfb550@news.povray.org>
Hi:

I'm having problems with ground fog. My image consists of a sky_sphere and a
plane for the clouds. The floor is in -100*z and the camera is in 0*z being
z the up vector. I would like to have a ground fog over the floor so I do
the following:

fog{
fog_type    2
up          <0,0,1>
color       rgbt<0,0,0,.5>
fog_offset  1
fog_alt     10
distance    50
translate  <0,0,-100>
}

It doesnt work. In fact the fog seems to interact in a very strange way with
the skysphere and the plane!!!

I've read the documentation and I found this statement:
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/254/
"You should also note that translations do not affect the up direction (and
thus do not affect the fog)."

So can anyone tell me what is happening? How can I translate my fog to a
<0,0,-100> position? Is the problem in the camera? With fog it is needed to
work with
a hollow enviroment? But it is not possible to define a sky_sphere, can
anyone give me some light?

Post a reply to this message