POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : reading images Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  reading images (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: stevenvh
Subject: reading images
Date: 29 Sep 2007 11:25:00
Message: <web.46fe6e0b678158c4e99dba500@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I know I can use input from images in function like height fields or image
maps, but is there also a way to use individual pixel information, i.e.
read the image as an array?
TIA
Steven

Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Subject: Re: reading images
Date: 29 Sep 2007 11:45:19
Message: <46fe730f@news.povray.org>

web.46fe6e0b678158c4e99dba500@news.povray.org...
> Hi,
> I know I can use input from images in function like height fields or image
> maps, but is there also a way to use individual pixel information, i.e.
> read the image as an array?
> TIA
> Steven

I didn't try but if you scale your image_map properly and use eval_pigment?

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 29 Sep 2007 21:31:34
Message: <46fefc76$1@news.povray.org>
M_a_r_c nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/09/29 11:45:
> "stevenvh" <nomail@nomail> a écrit dans le message de news:
> web.46fe6e0b678158c4e99dba500@news.povray.org...
>> Hi,
>> I know I can use input from images in function like height fields or image
>> maps, but is there also a way to use individual pixel information, i.e.
>> read the image as an array?
>> TIA
>> Steven
>>
> I didn't try but if you scale your image_map properly and use eval_pigment?
>
> Marc

Use an image_map OK
Use eval_pigment OK
Scale the image_map useless.
If you have a 100x160 pixel image maped to a 1x1 image_map, then location <0.03,
0.825> will give you the value of pixel 3,132.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when a co-worker nearly kills himself

Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Date: 30 Sep 2007 03:02:07
Message: <46ff49ef@news.povray.org>

46fefc76$1@news.povray.org...

> Use an image_map OK
> Use eval_pigment OK
> Scale the image_map useless.
> If you have a 100x160 pixel image maped to a 1x1 image_map, then location
> <0.03, 0.825> will give you the value of pixel 3,132.
>
> --
> Alain

Right but it's easier for my non mathematician brain to scale <160,100,1>
and use actual pixel values :-)

Marc