POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : compilation/execution bug on debian etch (>>illegal instruction<<) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  compilation/execution bug on debian etch (>>illegal instruction<<) (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: chefboss
Subject: compilation/execution bug on debian etch (>>illegal instruction<<)
Date: 16 Aug 2007 11:35:00
Message: <web.46c46de7e73e7dc6f43f7c30@news.povray.org>
Since I find bugs which I might like to fix, I try to find a package that
compiles some useful binary. I tried version 3.6 several times, then 3.5
and 3.1, but none gives anything useful. The furthest way goes the 3.6
conmpilation, but the binary does not work. Here the last lines of the >>
make check << procedure:
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/povray/v3.6/povray-3.6.1'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check-am'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/povray/v3.6/povray-3.6.1'
../unix/povray +i./scenes/advanced/biscuit.pov -f +d +p +v +w320 +h240 +a0.3
+L./include
make: *** [check] Illegal instruction
Even the make-script can't get it running !!
Of course I tried with other scenes, renamed the povray.conf and povray.ini
-files, but the binary will not work at all !

Of course all was done as "root", the ./configure was done before,
the source was downloaded from
ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Unix/povray-3.6.tar.gz
I had fixed this propblem weeks ago by just installing the binary, which
works well. But now I need to recompile ...

Post a reply to this message