POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray units of measurement Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray units of measurement (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: SharkD
Subject: POV-Ray units of measurement
Date: 21 Jun 2007 04:00:02
Message: <web.467a2fc15f1b9d1296f3cfc0@news.povray.org>
What real-world measurements do POV-Ray units represent. Do to the way
interior media work, surely there must be a base-value of some sort.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Penelope20k
Subject: Re: POV-Ray units of measurement
Date: 21 Jun 2007 05:06:04
Message: <467a3f7c$1@news.povray.org>
After reading and re-reading, asking at re-asking the same question ..i dont
have found any information and answer about it .*

but after experience, i think that 1 units correspond to 1 centimer , (or a
inch )..
it seems that light absorbtion etc ..use 1 centimer unit ...

> What real-world measurements do POV-Ray units represent. Do to the way
> interior media work, surely there must be a base-value of some sort.
>
> -Mike

Post a reply to this message

Penelope20k <pen### [at] caramailfr> wrote:
> but after experience, i think that 1 units correspond to 1 centimer , (or a
> inch )..
> it seems that light absorbtion etc ..use 1 centimer unit ...

  No, one unit corresponds to one unit, nothing else.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

at least if you use lightsys library ...