POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to create space/landscape scenes? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  How to create space/landscape scenes? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: josemarin
Subject: How to create space/landscape scenes?
Date: 10 Apr 2007 12:00:02
Message: <web.461bb3c6cf05c828312b87220@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I'm looking for a include or other way of create space scenes for my game.

I know there is a galaxy.inc, but I need a more complete solution, to create
planets, nebulas, planets landscapes, etc.

Something like this:

http://images.google.co.nz/images?hl=en&q=site%3Apandromeda.com%20%22Armands%20Auseklis%22&btnG=Google+Search&sa=N&tab=
wi

I'm new to Povray.

thanks fo rany tip.

Jose

Post a reply to this message

> I'm looking for a include or other way of create space scenes for my game.
>
> I know there is a galaxy.inc, but I need a more complete solution, to
> create
> planets, nebulas, planets landscapes, etc.
>
> Something like this:

http://images.google.co.nz/images?hl=en&q=site%3Apandromeda.com%20%22Armands%20Auseklis%22&btnG=Google+Search&sa=N&tab=
> wi
>
> I'm new to Povray.
>
> thanks fo rany tip.

have a look at World Machine it's at:

http://www.world-machine.com/

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> I'm looking for a include or other way of create space scenes for my game.
>
> I know there is a galaxy.inc, but I need a more complete solution, to create
> planets, nebulas, planets landscapes, etc.
>
> Something like this:

http://images.google.co.nz/images?hl=en&q=site%3Apandromeda.com%20%22Armands%20Auseklis%22&btnG=Google+Search&sa=N&ta
b=
> wi
>
> I'm new to Povray.
>
> thanks fo rany tip.
>
> Jose

In my opinion there is nothing specifically going from planet to landscape.
And even talking about landscapes (and forgetting about Terragen
http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/) although you can find great jobs in
pov ray (Hormann http://www.imagico.de/raytracing.html or Jaime Vives
http://www.ignorancia.org/ )they dont work thinking in low poly enviroments
(as you would like for a game.