POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : radiosity and normals Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  radiosity and normals (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: kike
Subject: radiosity and normals
Date: 4 Apr 2007 09:30:01
Message: <web.4613a7ea7cfdeec4be7bfb550@news.povray.org>
I have a question which probably has been already answered. If so, sorry.
The question is: when something it's being illuminated only with radiosity,
normal effect disappear. That is my experience. Is there a way to solve
this without adding real lights?. Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

> The question is: when something it's being illuminated only with radiosity,
> normal effect disappear. That is my experience.

  Apparently you have not experimented by adding "normal on" inside the
radiosity block.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> > The question is: when something it's being illuminated only with radiosity,
> > normal effect disappear. That is my experience.
>
>   Apparently you have not experimented by adding "normal on" inside the
> radiosity block.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Yes I didn't, thanks for the information. I'll try and then I'll tell you.

Post a reply to this message

kike nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 04-04-2007 10:52:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>> kike <dry### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>>> The question is: when something it's being illuminated only with radiosity,
>>> normal effect disappear. That is my experience.
>>   Apparently you have not experimented by adding "normal on" inside the
>> radiosity block.

>> --
>>                                                           - Warp

> Yes I didn't, thanks for the information. I'll try and then I'll tell you.

Be warned that adding normal on will make the render takes more time, possibly a
lot more.

--
Alain
Idolism: Let's bronze this shit.