POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error: too many nested textures Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Error: too many nested textures (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Steely
Subject: Error: too many nested textures
Date: 29 Mar 2007 08:25:01
Message: <web.460bbd601bf026ecc58e49200@news.povray.org>
How to explain that? I have included a "forest" as small part of a scene.
Since then, I get this error message. It does say "render error" but to me,
it looks like a parsing error. The trees are imported .obj transformed to

what I used for other objects in the scene, simple .jpg, not interlaced,
resized to keep memory usage low.

Also, a few weeks ago, a fellow from the german Povray group encountered the
same problem with an other object and solved it by turning the max trace

cartoon-like.

I searched the newsgroup and there is only one thread about this, and it
belongs only to the POV source code. So, any expiriences with that? Any
ideas, suggestions?

TIA

S.