POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray in multiprocessor PC Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Povray in multiprocessor PC (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: JSR
Subject: Povray in multiprocessor PC
Date: 26 Mar 2007 02:50:02
Message: <web.46077ab75c4d3a0cd8ef73430@news.povray.org>
Hello,
If I have a computer with 2 physical processors...
It will povray run faster than with only one processor?
What version of povray is able to use multiprocessor? version 3.6 or 3.7 or
none?
The use of more than one CPU depends on the application or depends on the
OS?
Megapov XRS seems to use multiprocessor, but is easy to use under Windows?

Regargs,
Joel.

Post a reply to this message

"JSR" <jsr### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Hello,
> If I have a computer with 2 physical processors...
> It will povray run faster than with only one processor?
> What version of povray is able to use multiprocessor? version 3.6 or 3.7
> or
> none?
> The use of more than one CPU depends on the application or depends on the
> OS?
> Megapov XRS seems to use multiprocessor, but is easy to use under Windows?
>
> Regargs,
> Joel.

To date, only version 3.7 which works fine.
Megapov XRS: I have no experience myself.

Thomas