POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : License using Povray in a product Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  License using Povray in a product (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: talk do stop
Subject: License using Povray in a product
Date: 14 Feb 2007 10:25:00
Message: <web.45d329746a25560bf29b5810@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I scanned through the licenses and documents, but I couldn't figure out the
answer.  So I'm going to write a commercial web application that generates
images using Povray as its backend.  My part converts certain data into
scenes, and povray generates images from them.  Could you help me what
licensing conditions apply in this case?  The key points are if I can do
that, and if I shall pay for that.  And please, let me know if there are
any details I'm not aware of.
thanks, Adam

Post a reply to this message

> I scanned through the licenses and documents, but I couldn't figure out the
> answer.  So I'm going to write a commercial web application that generates
> images using Povray as its backend.  My part converts certain data into
> scenes, and povray generates images from them.  Could you help me what
> licensing conditions apply in this case?  The key points are if I can do
> that, and if I shall pay for that.  And please, let me know if there are
> any details I'm not aware of.

<http://www.povray.org/source-license.html> section 2.3 applies, unless your
software requires no modifications.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > I scanned through the licenses and documents, but I couldn't figure out the
> > answer.  So I'm going to write a commercial web application that generates
> > images using Povray as its backend.  My part converts certain data into
> > scenes, and povray generates images from them.  Could you help me what
> > licensing conditions apply in this case?  The key points are if I can do
> > that, and if I shall pay for that.  And please, let me know if there are
> > any details I'm not aware of.
>
> <http://www.povray.org/source-license.html> section 2.3 applies, unless your
> software requires no modifications.
>
>  Thorsten

Thank you, Thorsten.

I'm just using povray calling its command line interface without any
modification.

Adam