POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Font and special character Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Font and special character (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dav shef
Subject: Font and special character
Date: 18 Oct 2006 05:50:01
Message: <web.4535f7daaf852f3c699678ae0@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

I want to put a text with 'delta' greek symbol in it.
which font should I use for that ?

Cheers

Dav

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: Font and special character
Date: 18 Oct 2006 06:48:08
Message: <45360668$1@news.povray.org>
"Dav_shef" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I want to put a text with 'delta' greek symbol in it.
> which font should I use for that ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Dav

Ant .ttf font you like that supports a Greek character set. Just make sure
that you point POV at its location explicitly when you include the .ttf file
(i.e. #include "/location/of/my/file/whatever.ttf" or if you're using
Windoze #include "C:\location\of\my\file\whatever.ttf"). You'll have work
out the character code yourself tho'

John

--
"Please refrain from fondling the nymphs and sprites
- it makes them giggly and skittish.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 18 Oct 2006 20:36:20
Message: <4536c884$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 18/10/2006 06:54:
> "Dav_shef" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
>> Hi All,

>> I want to put a text with 'delta' greek symbol in it.
>> which font should I use for that ?

>> Cheers

>> Dav

> Ant .ttf font you like that supports a Greek character set. Just make sure
> that you point POV at its location explicitly when you include the .ttf file
> (i.e. #include "/location/of/my/file/whatever.ttf" or if you're using
> Windoze #include "C:\location\of\my\file\whatever.ttf"). You'll have work
> out the character code yourself tho'

> John

You never need to #include any font, in fact, it should generate an error and
abort the parsing as a TTF file is not a valid SDL file. If using the windows
version, you can use any installed font, as the windows font folder is deffined
as one of the standard input folders. It also works if the font file is in the
same folder as your source file or in the include folder.

--
Alain
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Post a reply to this message

From: Dav shef
Date: 19 Oct 2006 04:10:01
Message: <web.453732291b740c81699678ae0@news.povray.org>
You're right. I didn't have to include any font file. However, I had to put
the font file in my working directory and then somehow workout the code to
use.

it works now

cheers

Dav