POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media brightness flickers as scale changes Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:10:30 EDT (-0400)
  media brightness flickers as scale changes (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Eric Buddington
Subject: media brightness flickers as scale changes
Date: 25 Aug 2006 21:45:01
Message: <web.44efa682c9b3168fabef64010@news.povray.org>
I'm rendering an earth fly-in using Pov-Ray 3.6.1/Athlon XP/homebrew Linux.
I'm using scattering media for the atmosphere.
Each frame calculates units so that the camera is 1000 POV units from the
origin (earth center).
The media color is divided that frame's meter size (i.e. POV units per
meter), to make it scale properly. This makes for some pretty
large-magnitude colors.

Problem:
As I zoom in, the atmosphere's brightness flickers, apparently in a sawtooth
wave (it takes a few frames to get bright and dark again).

Is there some obvious reason why this would happen? When I get rid of the
atmosphere, I have no flicker, so it's not my light source.

-Eric

Post a reply to this message