POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh & CSG question / problem Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  mesh & CSG question / problem (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Jon Buller
Subject: mesh & CSG question / problem
Date: 17 May 2006 19:25:01
Message: <web.446bb04cd89b451a48362b170@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to make a Mobius band and drill holes through it.  But it appears
that when I do "difference { mesh { ... inside_vector ... } cylinder { ...}
}" the mesh is just a shell of what I want.  Is there some way to make the
mesh a single solid object?  (Well aside from carefully making a huge tree
of intersections, differences, and unions of planes based on the angles of
the edges where the mesh triangles meet.)

Jon