POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SIGGRAPH Boston 2006 Birds of a Feather conference. Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:12:20 EDT (-0400)
  SIGGRAPH Boston 2006 Birds of a Feather conference. (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: gregjohn
Subject: SIGGRAPH Boston 2006 Birds of a Feather conference.
Date: 24 Mar 2006 13:35:01
Message: <web.442439c0b3573e8a40d56c170@news.povray.org>
http://www.siggraph.org/s2006/main.php?f=conference&p=birds&s=faqs
http://www.siggraph.org/s2006/main.php?f=conference&p=birds

---------
What are the criteria for a BOF?
BOF events must be free of charge, related to computer graphics or
interactive techniques, open to all SIGGRAPH 2006 attendees, and
non-commercial in nature (topics specific to one commercial product or
company are discouraged). All BOFs will be evaluated on a case-by-case
basis to make sure they conform to the spirit of a BOF.
-----------

I'm going to this conference.  One can set up "Birds of a Feather" meetings.
My guess is it ain't anything special, just one table in a lobby of a hotel
for an hour or so.  If there are any pov'vers attending, let me know what
you think.

From what I know about povray, I'd assume the clerk at SIGGRAPH would not
balk at it being "one commercial product."

On the other hand, even with no response here it might be interesting to try
to set one up anyway, given how one could troll (the fishing term, not the
inflammatory debate connotation) for professionals in the industry who
might be povray hobbyists.

I'm honestly reluctant to sign up for a specific time slot today, as I don't
know what interesting things would be going on at other times at the
conference.

Post a reply to this message