POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to suppress verbose runtime output when rendering PNG to stdout in CGI? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  How to suppress verbose runtime output when rendering PNG to stdout in CGI? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Marvin
Subject: How to suppress verbose runtime output when rendering PNG to stdout in CGI?
Date: 18 Mar 2006 14:20:01
Message: <web.441c5c467842b027e1743a030@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I have used +O- to redirect rendering output to stdout.

The idea was to use web from to choose between rendering parameters,
call CGI action for rendering, and then have PNG immediatelly displayed
as povray would send everything to stdout, and it would go straight to
browser
(in a nph-cgi script).

Alas, I can't seem to be able to suppress renering parameters from being
displayed and they garble PNG which is being rendered to the PNG stream.

Perhaps there is a way to redirect to another descriptor, which povray
would inherit with close-on-exec set to false?

At the moment I don't have an idea how to make povray immediatelly display
image to browser as it is rendered. As present, entire image is being
rendered before user sees even a line of PNG, which may be confusing, and
in a long render user can think the server has blocked and press <CTRL>C.

Anyone has an answer to this?

Regards,
Mirsad

Post a reply to this message

> I have used +O- to redirect rendering output to stdout.
<snip>
> Anyone has an answer to this?

The exact version of POV-Ray you are using is...?
And the platform you are using is...?

Post a reply to this message

> I have used +O- to redirect rendering output to stdout.
>
> The idea was to use web from to choose between rendering parameters,
> call CGI action for rendering, and then have PNG immediatelly displayed
> as povray would send everything to stdout, and it would go straight to
> browser
> (in a nph-cgi script).
>
> Alas, I can't seem to be able to suppress renering parameters from being
> displayed and they garble PNG which is being rendered to the PNG stream.

The text output of POV-Ray is printed to stderr so it does not interfere
with the image to stdout in any way.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 14 Mar. 2006)