POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make invisible surfaces in media? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  How to make invisible surfaces in media? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Benjamin
Subject: How to make invisible surfaces in media?
Date: 13 Mar 2006 05:10:01
Message: <web.4415445a9f9b250c17488de60@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I have a problem with media and partial transparent objects. Here is my
example:

//====================================mediatest
//global_settings { assumed_gamma 1 }
camera { location <0.0, 2, -4.0> look_at <0.0, 0.0,  0.0> }
background { rgb 0 }
light_source { <20, 100, -50> rgb 1 }
plane { y,-1 pigment { checker rgb 0, rgb 0.2 } }
box { -1,1
                   material
                   {  texture { pigment { rgbt 1 } finish { ambient 0 } }
                      interior
                      {
                        media {
                          intervals 1
                          scattering { 5, rgb 0.3 }
                          samples 1, 10
                          confidence 0.9
                          variance 1/100
                          ratio 0.9
                              }
                      }
                   }
    translate <-0.5,0,0>
    no_shadow
    hollow
}
#local OBJ=
disc
{ <0,0,0>, z, 0.75
        texture { spherical texture_map {
                                [0.5 pigment { rgbt 1 }]
                                [0.5 pigment { rgb <0,1,0>}]
                                [1 pigment { rgb <1,0,0>}]
                                        } turbulence 0.3 scale 0.75
                }
  hollow
  no_shadow
}
object { OBJ translate <-0.5,0,0> }//inside the medie
object { OBJ translate < 1.5,0,0> }//outside

and here is the renderd picture:

http://www.home.pages.at/maus84/4711/media.jpg

I tried many things but the left disc stays visible in the media. Is is
possible to make the disc in the media disapear but the texture stay? I
know, in this example I can get such an effect when I scale the disc, make
is bigger then the media-box but that is not what I want.

hope you know a solution
thank you

Post a reply to this message