POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What's the equivelent of a "dim" statement? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  What's the equivelent of a "dim" statement? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: NeuroGlide
Subject: What's the equivelent of a "dim" statement?
Date: 1 Feb 2006 19:40:01
Message: <web.43e1548db3ff58586984054e0@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to make an image with several trusses of different lengths in it.
 I've set up a script that can make a truss of any length, but reading
through the commands for the POV equivelent of BASIC's "dim" statement, I
didn't anything that seemed right.

I need to be able to store and recall type, length, <ro,ta,te> and
<tra,nsl,ate>.

Thanks for the help.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to make an image with several trusses of different lengths in
> it.
> I've set up a script that can make a truss of any length, but reading
> through the commands for the POV equivelent of BASIC's "dim" statement, I
> didn't anything that seemed right.
>
> I need to be able to store and recall type, length, <ro,ta,te> and
> <tra,nsl,ate>.
>
> Thanks for the help.

I think you probably want section 3.2.1.8.1  of the help that deals with
'Declaring Arrays' .

Regards,
Chris B.