POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : modeling a sugar cube Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:12:13 EDT (-0400)
  modeling a sugar cube (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Thesmophoriazusae
Subject: modeling a sugar cube
Date: 23 Nov 2005 12:20:01
Message: <web.4384a3a55c0906006d01331b0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

What's a reasonable way of modeling a sugar cube with quality approaching
photorealism?  I want a stack of sugar cubes.  One way might be to put on a
bump map and give the cube some transparency, and another way might be to
use photons and media, trying to simulate how each grain will scatter the
light that hits it.  In either case, it should be that the light would
appear natural in a stack of sugar cubes.  I guess that I don't really
understand media enough to take this approach if it is even warranted in
this case.  Suggestions?

Regards,

Christopher Arthur