POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug with quadrics ? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Bug with quadrics ? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
Subject: Bug with quadrics ?
Date: 2 Nov 2005 15:30:00
Message: <web.4369217da93e3eafd3d39f040@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,
  I have a source code with three quadrics that behave strangely: when I put
only two of the three quadrics, everything looks like it should, but when I
render with the three of them, one is strangely clipped off.
  Here is the code:

// --- code begin --- //

#declare Tex = texture {
  pigment {rgbt <.6,.6,.6,.8>}
  finish {ambient .3 diffuse .7}
}

#declare nappe0 = quadric
  {<2,-1,2><0,0,0><0,0,0> 0
  clipped_by{box{<10,2,10><-10,-2,-10>}}

  texture {Tex}
  }

#declare nappe1 = quadric
  {<2,-1,2><0,0,0><0,0,0> 3
  clipped_by{box{<10,2.3,10><-10,-2.3,-10>}}

  texture {Tex}
  }

#declare nappe2 = quadric
  {<2,-1,2><0,0,0><0,0,0> 0-3
  clipped_by{box {<10,1.7,10><-10,-1.7,-10>}}

  texture {Tex}
  }

object{nappe0}
object{nappe1}
object{nappe2}

camera {location <0,6,-8> look_at <0,1.1,0>}
background {color rgb 1}
global_settings {max_trace_level 12}
light_source {<4,8,-8> rgb 1}

// --- code end --- //

  Does any of you have an idea of what is going on ?
  I use povray 3.6 on a mandrake 10.1, and when I rendered (almost) the same
image some month ago with the version of povray 3.1 compiled by mandrake,
the problem didn't showed up.
  Last point: the problem disappears if I replace nappe2 by an isosurface
having exactly the same equation.