POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Perfect Image Re-Render? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  Perfect Image Re-Render? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: How Camp
Subject: Perfect Image Re-Render?
Date: 13 Oct 2005 14:45:00
Message: <web.434eaaf55d09ff87af56bf270@news.povray.org>
I'm having a mental block at the moment.  This seriously can't be hard...

I'm attempting to render an image_map of a previously traced scene - the
goal of which is to allow me the luxury of rendering a frame/border/special
effect of some sort around the original image.

I need to re-render my image_map such that every pixel traced is correlated
to the original image_map pixel.  How can I set up my image_map (distance
from camera, mainly) to ensure this to be the case?  After some basic math,
I've gotten close, but it's not a perfect match.

Any thoughts?

- How

Post a reply to this message

"How Camp" <hac### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> I'm having a mental block at the moment.  This seriously can't be hard...
>
> I'm attempting to render an image_map of a previously traced scene - the
> goal of which is to allow me the luxury of rendering a
> frame/border/special
> effect of some sort around the original image.
>
> I need to re-render my image_map such that every pixel traced is
> correlated
> to the original image_map pixel.  How can I set up my image_map (distance
> from camera, mainly) to ensure this to be the case?  After some basic
> math,
> I've gotten close, but it's not a perfect match.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> - How

If you're using a perspective camera you'll get problems because you'll need
to adjust for the distortion that perspective introduces (and that is likely
to be inordinately difficult). You should be able to achieve this fairly
simply with an orthographic camera.

Chris B.

Post a reply to this message

Chris B <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote:
> If you're using a perspective camera you'll get problems because you'll need
> to adjust for the distortion that perspective introduces (and that is likely
> to be inordinately difficult).

  If the plane containing the image map is completely perpendicular to
the direction of the camera, can you explain what kind of perspective
distortion happens there?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message