POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scene description language raytracing Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:31:55 EDT (-0400)
  Scene description language raytracing (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Martin Vilcans
Subject: Scene description language raytracing
Date: 4 Oct 2005 13:40:00
Message: <web.4342be688415cf398c577a5a0@news.povray.org>
I'm a new user to these newsgroups, so I don't know whether something like
this has been done before.

Although I'm a new user to these newsgroups, I'm certainly not a new POV-Ray
user. I tend to pick it up every seven years or so to see what new features
it has.

One cool new feature (new for me that is) is the trace command, which makes
it possible to actually implement a raytracer in the POV-Ray scene
description language itself... I just had to try that, and the result is
viewable here:

http://www.librador.com/index.php?/archives/16-Retro-rendering.html

Comments are welcome!

Post a reply to this message