POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : benchmark 2.0 from command line? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  benchmark 2.0 from command line? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Chuck Y
Subject: benchmark 2.0 from command line?
Date: 9 Sep 2005 14:05:01
Message: <web.4321cdaef8f4baac1e46a9230@news.povray.org>
Can someone please tell me how I can launch povray 3.7 beta 8, render
benchmark 2.0 and exit--all using command-line options?

Thanks,
Chuck Y

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: benchmark 2.0 from command line?
Date: 9 Sep 2005 14:51:26
Message: <4321d9ae$1@news.povray.org>
Chuck Y wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how I can launch povray 3.7 beta 8, render
> benchmark 2.0 and exit--all using command-line options?

I assume you want to automate this to run it on more than one system?
Please note that it is not recommended to use any beta version of POV-Ray
for benchmarking (unless someone from the POV-Team specifically prepared a
beta version for benchmarking by making sure it operates as good as can be
expected from a beta version).  Beta versions are not always optimised to
make use of all optimisations available for specific processors.  Further,
bugs may cause incorrect results for the benchmark to be reported.

I strongly recommend you use POV-Ray 3.6 to do any benchmarking you need to
do!  Use the special command-line options as outlined in the documentation
(i.e. see online doc <http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/603/>)
in order to control POV-Ray for Windows.

	Thorsten Froehlich, POV-Team

Post a reply to this message

Thanks for the info, but my intention is not to publish any "official"
benchmark results at this time. We're just trying to get our MP systems
setup to run the new benchmarks, and only 3.7 is multithreaded.  So, is it
possible to run the new benchmark from the command line?

Thanks again.