POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : light: POV vs real world Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  light: POV vs real world (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Reynald
Subject: light: POV vs real world
Date: 29 Aug 2005 12:15:00
Message: <web.43133378a277ce3df5f6f3660@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I'm trying to understand povray functions that affect "light propagation" in
a scene, and I spend some time to look for information in these newsgroups
and in the internet. Since I didn't manage to find answers to my questions,
I finally decided to make simple "experiments" and to write down everything
(my understanding of these "experiments", images, source code... and
unsolved questions!). Now if advanced users could correct what is wrong,
confirm what is right and suggest further explanations, than this could
result in a useful document for beginners (I hope so...).

If you want to have a look: http://weblog.sitewww.ch

First unsolved question appears page 6. It deals with light attenuation in
object interior...
Thanks in advance for your help.

Reynald