POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : quick and dirty forest Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  quick and dirty forest (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Barehunter
Subject: quick and dirty forest
Date: 18 Jul 2005 02:25:00
Message: <web.42db4a49fe7c28fc91a4d53d0@news.povray.org>
Any recommendations for making a "forest" as seen from a great height and
distance? I tried using an object with DarkGreen texture and using FurTex
but I'm not entirely happy with it. I dont need individual trees. Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

> Any recommendations for making a "forest" as seen from a great height and
> distance? I tried using an object with DarkGreen texture and using FurTex
> but I'm not entirely happy with it. I dont need individual trees. Thank
you.

You might be able to use a simple texture if it's from high enough that
you're looking at it.

If not, you could also try an isosurface with a lot of noise, to produce
tons of little green things hanging in the air that might look like leaves.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

>>Any recommendations for making a "forest" as seen from a great height and
>>distance? I tried using an object with DarkGreen texture and using FurTex
>>but I'm not entirely happy with it. I dont need individual trees. Thank
>
> you.
>

> You might be able to use a simple texture if it's from high enough that
> you're looking at it.
>
> If not, you could also try an isosurface with a lot of noise, to produce
> tons of little green things hanging in the air that might look like leaves.

And then make a texture out of it or render time explodes ;-).
(My two cents)

Sebastian