POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 3.6 breaks down on startup Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  POV 3.6 breaks down on startup (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bagoas
Subject: POV 3.6 breaks down on startup
Date: 6 Jul 2005 15:25:00
Message: <web.42cc2cd41ad3758856f3184f0@news.povray.org>
After a long period of absence I tried to rejoin this scene and downloaded
PovRay3.6 today.
Installation on Windows XP Home goes smoothly, but an error occurs when the
splash screen is up.

I did a second install, and then a second download and install; but all with
the same result.

The error signature is not very clear:

AppName: pvengine.exe  AppVer: 3.6.0.0  ModName: cmedit32.dll
ModVer: 3.0.0.0  Offset: 0000adb0

I did run V3.5 without a problem in the past. There's 1.0Gig of RAM on board
and 10 Gig's of disk space.

Any idea anyone what can be wrong?

B.

Post a reply to this message

> After a long period of absence I tried to rejoin this scene and downloaded
> PovRay3.6 today.
> Installation on Windows XP Home goes smoothly, but an error occurs when the
> splash screen is up.
>
> I did a second install, and then a second download and install; but all with
> the same result.
>
> The error signature is not very clear:
>
> AppName: pvengine.exe  AppVer: 3.6.0.0  ModName: cmedit32.dll
> ModVer: 3.0.0.0  Offset: 0000adb0
>
> I did run V3.5 without a problem in the past. There's 1.0Gig of RAM on board
> and 10 Gig's of disk space.
>
> Any idea anyone what can be wrong?
>
> B.

Bagoas:  I'm not too familiar with W XP, but is it possible that there are
refrences to another version of pov-ray still in the registry?
To find out uninstall pov-ray then in the "run" dialogBox type--
'regedit' and do a search of the registry for pov-ray,{located in top menus}
if there are delete those keys--might have to do several searches;
when all refrences have been removed, reboot, and reninstall pov-ray.

woodcarver

Post a reply to this message