POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dragon scales and claws Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  dragon scales and claws (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Barehunter
Subject: dragon scales and claws
Date: 4 Jul 2005 03:55:00
Message: <web.42c8ea2d7b7393cb36ccdf710@news.povray.org>
AS you can guess I am working on a dragon modell. I am trying to find a
decent dragon scale like texture since, using only Green, this guy looks
like the dragon from the old Kookla, Fran and Ollie show.

also is there any macro that can make a shape like a cone that turns a 90
angle. trying to make a claw.

Post a reply to this message

>AS you can guess I am working on a dragon modell. I am trying to find a
>decent dragon scale like texture since, using only Green, this guy looks
>like the dragon from the old Kookla, Fran and Ollie show.

I've used this:

#declare Skin = texture {
   pigment {
     crackle turbulence 0.2 octaves 2
     colour_map {
        [ 0   rgb <.0,.1,.0>]
        [ 0.1 rgb <.3,.5,.1>]
        [ 0.4 rgb <.3,.4,.2>]
        [ 1.0 rgb <.5,.5,.1>]
     }
   scale 0.3
   }
   finish {Shiny ambient 0.2}
   normal {
     crackle 2
     turbulence 0.2
     scale 0.3
   }
}

>also is there any macro that can make a shape like a cone that turns a 90
>angle. trying to make a claw.

How about the difference of two sphere_sweeps

#declare Thing =
sphere_sweep { b_spline 5
  <0,0,0>,     1
  <0,1,0>,     0.6
  <0,1.5,0>,   0.55
  <1,2,0>,     0.3
  <2,2,0>,     0
}

#declare Claw =
difference {
 object {Thing}
 object {Thing translate <0.011,0.001,0>}
 plane {y,0.75}
}

--
Mike Williams