POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fastest supercomputer gets faster Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Fastest supercomputer gets faster (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: POVeddie
Subject: Fastest supercomputer gets faster
Date: 25 Mar 2005 16:30:01
Message: <web.424481707fd202a5420d35110@news.povray.org>
Now here's a computer that can probably raytrace in real
time!

Cheers
Eddie

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Fastest supercomputer gets faster
Date: 25 Mar 2005 22:08:11
Message: <4244d21b@news.povray.org>
POVeddie nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005/03/25 16:25:
> Now here's a computer that can probably raytrace in real
> time!

> Cheers
> Eddie

WOW! 64 racks of 1024 dualcore CPUs!
To bad POV-Ray can't realy benefit from it without some patch or helper app. We need a
multi
processor renderer.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> > Now here's a computer that can probably raytrace in real
> > time!
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4379261.stm
> WOW! 64 racks of 1024 dualcore CPUs!
> To bad POV-Ray can't realy benefit from it without some patch or helper app. We need
a multi
> processor renderer.

Try Tachyon.

Unfortunately real time raytracing also requires very fast low latency networks.

--
Paul Bourke
pdb_NOSPAMswin.edu.au

Post a reply to this message