POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Surcoat -> hologram? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Surcoat -> hologram? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: stm31415
Subject: Surcoat -> hologram?
Date: 13 Feb 2005 21:20:00
Message: <web.42100a90fe09e8472485112a0@news.povray.org>
I was cleaning out one of my email inboxes this week, and I found an email I
got about a program that, in fact, allows you to print very simple
holograms onto transparencies using a laser printer. One of the options is
to use an XML syntax to define a bunch of points. In about 30 seconds, I
was able to use Surcoat (Thanks Tim!) to create a properly formatted file,
and the program seemed to accept the input. Unfortunately, I won't have
access to a laser printer until tomorrow, so I don't know yet if the
holograms can be detailed enough to make this useful.. Luckily, I should
have access to a printer double the quality of the one used on the site.

Check out http://www.medcosm.com/MedCosm_CGHMaker.html for more info on the
program, and I'll post my source in p.b.s-f.

I just realized that meshes ought to be able to go through a similar
process. If this works, there are a lot of ideas running round my head.

-S
5TF!

Post a reply to this message