POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for a rose Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  looking for a rose (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Barehunter
Subject: looking for a rose
Date: 8 Feb 2005 09:05:01
Message: <web.4208c6ecc912829bed3cff5c0@news.povray.org>
I am putting the finishing touches on a picture of the bedroom of the
character Tuzedo Mask from Sailor moon. MY daughter pointed out to me that
he always has roses. I was wondering if anyone had a quick rose that I can
throw in?

Post a reply to this message

> I am putting the finishing touches on a picture of the bedroom of the
> character Tuzedo Mask from Sailor moon. MY daughter pointed out to me that
> he always has roses. I was wondering if anyone had a quick rose that I can
> throw in?

A google search threw up this one:
http://codenautics.com/meshwork/povray.html
which looks pretty good to me.

Chris B.

Post a reply to this message

>I am putting the finishing touches on a picture of the bedroom of the
> character Tuzedo Mask from Sailor moon. MY daughter pointed out to me that
> he always has roses. I was wondering if anyone had a quick rose that I can
> throw in?

    Nice sPatch model I've used before, here:

      http://www.geekspace.com/~rozzin/graphics/3-D/sPatch/rose/

    And if you don't have sPatch, (694kb's):

    http://www.geocities.com/getspatch/

      ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

> I am putting the finishing touches on a picture of the bedroom of the
> character Tuzedo Mask from Sailor moon. MY daughter pointed out to me that
> he always has roses. I was wondering if anyone had a quick rose that I can
> throw in?

Throw in, ha ha ha.

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message

> he always has roses. I was wondering if anyone had a quick rose that I
> can throw in?

Find a mesh (like 3dsmax *.3ds) of rose and use PoseRay to convert it into
POV's mesh.

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/

Post a reply to this message

> I am putting the finishing touches on a picture of the bedroom of the
> character Tuzedo Mask from Sailor moon. MY daughter pointed out to me that
> he always has roses. I was wondering if anyone had a quick rose that I can
> throw in?

Depending on the detail you need, a quick-n-dirty rose (as used in
http://www.tomandlu.co.uk/webres/raytracing/gallery/pics/tmworsh.jpg):

#version 3.6;

#include "colors.inc"

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
}

// ----------------------------------------

camera {
  location  <0.0, 0.0, -20.0>
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
}

light_source {
  <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1, 1, 1>  // light's color
  translate <-30, 30, -30>
}

// ----------------------------------------

#macro MakeRose(mySeed)
  #declare Count = 1;
 #declare Rand1 = seed(mySeed);

 #declare One_Petal =
 intersection{
   difference{
     sphere{<-1,0,0>, 1.00}
     sphere{<-1,0,0>, 0.98}
   }
   sphere{0,0.5}
   translate y*0.5
   translate x*0.1
 }

  union{
    #while(Count <= 35)
      object{
        One_Petal
        #declare n = rand(Rand1);
        scale <1,1,( 0.25 + (Count/35) + n/4 )>
        #declare n = rand(Rand1);
        rotate x*( (n*10)-5 )
        #declare n = rand(Rand1);
        rotate z*( - ( (sqrt(Count*8)) + (40*n) ) )
        #declare n = rand(Rand1);
        rotate y*( Count*(35 + (35*n)) )
      }
      #declare Count = Count + 1;