POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Flaming heart Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Flaming heart (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Barehunter
Subject: Flaming heart
Date: 30 Dec 2004 23:10:01
Message: <web.41d4cff350d529952c7e8c730@news.povray.org>
Hello. I am rendering a scene of a marriage proposal in a story. The guy
used special effects to create a floating, flaming valentine's heart. The
heart shape is easy but how can I simulate flames around it. I tried
reading the pov help file but got a little confused. Thanks in advance.

David K.

Post a reply to this message

One possibility is to "model" your own in Hamapatch, which is a bicubic mesh
modeller.
Some things like this have also been done in media, but it could take a
while to master that technique to make realistic flames, assuming you're a
newbie.