POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : commercial license Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  commercial license (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: swampee
Subject: commercial license
Date: 13 Dec 2004 15:15:00
Message: <web.41bdf72d40892c94598183eb0@news.povray.org>
How do I obtain a commercial license for using POVRAY as a business tool.
Thanks,
swampee

Post a reply to this message

From: Ross
Subject: Re: commercial license
Date: 13 Dec 2004 15:27:05
Message: <41bdfb19$1@news.povray.org>
"swampee" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> How do I obtain a commercial license for using POVRAY as a business tool.
> Thanks,
> swampee

Have you read the POV-Ray license agreement?

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Thorn
Date: 13 Dec 2004 16:39:02
Message: <41be0bf6@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:
>>How do I obtain a commercial license for using POVRAY as a business tool.
>>Thanks,
>>swampee
>>
> Have you read the POV-Ray license agreement?

Specifically,

"Subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement, permission is
granted to the User to use the Software and its associated files to
create and render images. The creator of a scene file retains all rights
to any scene files they create, and any images generated by the Software
from them. Subject to the other terms of this license, the User is
permitted to use the Software in a profit-making enterprise, provided
such profit arises primarily from use of the Software and not from
distribution of the Software or a work including the Software in whole
or part."

http://www.povray.org/povlegal.html

~Mike