POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hollow and fog makes box visible Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  hollow and fog makes box visible (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: RogerWilco
Subject: hollow and fog makes box visible
Date: 5 Dec 2004 13:05:00
Message: <web.41b34cb7e5eb11a985d76a290@news.povray.org>
I hope I'm asking this in the right place, but I have a problem and I can't
find a solution. I've tried googling for it and searching these newsgroups.

I have a box where I want to put some interior media inside, so I make it
hollow and transparent. I also have fog in my scene. My problem is that the
fog makes the box visible even though it's hollow and fully transparent.
What am I doing wrong?

This will show my problem using POVray 3.6 for Windows:

camera
{ location  <0.5, 0.3, -2 >
  look_at   <0,0.2,0.4>
  angle 60
}
light_source { <-100,1000,-100> color rgb<1,1,0.8> }
object
{ box
    hollow
    pigment { color rgbt <1, 1, 1, 1> }
    rotate 30*y
    translate 7*z
  }
}
fog {fog_type 2 distance 70 color rgbf <0.9,0.9,1,1> fog_offset -0.5 fog_alt
5}

Post a reply to this message