POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems combining uv_mapping, filter all, and media Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Problems combining uv_mapping, filter all, and media (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: stm31415
Subject: Problems combining uv_mapping, filter all, and media
Date: 21 Nov 2004 13:55:00
Message: <web.41a0e36e151e065796c790900@news.povray.org>
I am attempting to take a uv_mapped object, one that uses an image_map, and
then filter the whole thing, and fill it with media. i.e:

texture{
  pigment{
  uv_mapped
  image_map{
   tga "foo.tga"
   filter all 1
  }
 }
}
hollow
interior{
 media{
  scattering{
   1, 5 extinction .5
  }
 media{
  absorbtion 6
 }
}

If I use a solid pigment, this is very bright (as it ought to be...). It
works fine with a normal image_map. But when I add uv_mapping it becomes
very dark, and seems to glow from the center, rather than being filled. Is
thre something I am doing wrong?

-S
5TF!