POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A thanks to the community Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  A thanks to the community (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Shurakai
Subject: A thanks to the community
Date: 11 Nov 2004 14:35:00
Message: <web.4193bed9e53414976b3522e90@news.povray.org>
Dear POV-Ray community,

it's time say "Thank You" for all the help i got from You.
A lot of people helped me to create the final beta version of the CrystalPOV
macro. It's a small tool espacially designed for Chemists to easyly prepare
animations of molecular structures. It looks like i'm at the end of my
knowledge, because i simply have no ideas how to improve the macro more.
It's still a beta version and not totally completed, but even now it's
working fine and does all the things which are needed by chemists.

Big and special thanks go to :

Chris Colefax :

for creating the nice galaxy and Autoclck.mcr, which helped a lot in the
realization of my wishes.

Florian Brucker :

for a lot of very usefull basic hints and hits how to decrease parsing times

Warp :

for giving me an idea how to get things rotating

Tor Olav Kristensen :

for giving me an introduction to functions

Rune :

for a very useful spline. That thing made my life much easier :).

for providing a perfect and very useful german "How to use POV-Ray"
Tutorial. I learned nearly everything i know about POV-Ray from Your site.

If someone should have some fast rendering, nice looking scenes, i would be
happy to implement them in the macro for additional choises ( up to now
only 4 different scenes can be chosen) for the visualization of the
molecular structure. Something like nice sky spheres, or planes with nice
textures ....... .

You still don't know what CrystalPOV is ? Please visit :
http://www.chm.tu-dresden.de/organik/habicher/Tilo/Tilo_Krause.htm

There are some sample movies also, which were all prepared using CrystalPOV.

Have fun, and thanks for all YOur help.

Shu

Post a reply to this message

> There are some sample movies also, which were all prepared using
CrystalPOV.

> Have fun, and thanks for all YOur help.
>
> Shu

Cool animations =)