POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : image_map stretched on objects Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  image_map stretched on objects (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Summit Group
Subject: image_map stretched on objects
Date: 15 Jun 2004 15:35:01
Message: <web.40cf4ed955871fcca9326b250@news.povray.org>
I've been trying to apply a fabric image map to a couch that I've been
working on. I created the model in 3D Studio, and I used accutrans3d to
convert it to POV-Ray. From there I added the image map like this:

  texture {
    pigment {
      image_map {jpeg "07-2312-482.jpg" map_type 0}
    }
    finish { ambient rgb<0.466667, 0.541176, 0.678431> diffuse 0.5 }
  }

and this is the result:

http://avis.summit-tech.ca/render/povforum.png

Notice how the image map gets streched as though it was applied head on. The
other problem was finding a way (from povray) to set the sizing of the tile
when it gets applied. Right now I'm forced to resize the object (at the
time of export) in order to obtain the image tile size that I want.

Any help with either of these two issues would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron.

Post a reply to this message