POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What to do?? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  What to do?? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: xilo
Subject: What to do??
Date: 5 Jun 2004 23:05:01
Message: <web.40c289c18a0e10ab3b0a970a0@news.povray.org>
Hi there,
  I've been playing around at work on my spare time (I'm in technical
support, and we have dead evenings sometimes!) and I made a few desktop
images.

  Now, I love to make abstract stuff with povray but I ran out of
imagination I guess...  The last thing I discovered and enjoyed were the
pattern modifiers (especially the warp function, though I was unable to
control it, it still made magnificient patterns!)

  I'm now out of imagination and I got a pretty good computer connected to
the internet that I can use via SSH to render my images or animations (in
case I need to test a range of values) and I was wondering, far from the
finite objects like spheres and stuff, apart from the basic pigmentations,
transparency, IOR, and stuff, is there something else that can make
abstract images worth looking at?

  And btw, I was thinking on developing a wallpaper site and I was wondering
if any of you were interested in publishing their wallpapers through it?
We could have sections like abstracts, landscapes, space, etc...

Thanks,
  Xilo

Post a reply to this message

>   I'm now out of imagination and I got a pretty good computer connected to
> the internet that I can use via SSH to render my images or animations (in
> case I need to test a range of values) and I was wondering, far from the
> finite objects like spheres and stuff, apart from the basic pigmentations,
> transparency, IOR, and stuff, is there something else that can make
> abstract images worth looking at?

Give fractals (julia object) and isosurfaces a try. It's abstract,
complex and sometimes very beautiful.

Just my 2 eurocent,

Bonsai

--

        www.b0n541.net

"Hi. I'm a signature virus. Add me to your signature - help me spread!"