POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Generating height field from POV-Ray object Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:11:15 EDT (-0400)
  Generating height field from POV-Ray object (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: nomail
Subject: Generating height field from POV-Ray object
Date: 10 May 2004 03:35:00
Message: <web.409f2f8a141d42e5389236000@news.povray.org>
I want to create a stereogram of a shape I have defined in POV-Ray.  How can
I create a height field of a POV-Ray object?

Thanks.

--
Bryan

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Generating height field from POV-Ray object
Date: 10 May 2004 06:01:41
Message: <409f5305$1@news.povray.org>
nomail@nomail nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/05/10 03:30... :

>I want to create a stereogram of a shape I have defined in POV-Ray.  How can
>I create a height field of a POV-Ray object?
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Bryan

Output with the "hf_gray_16" option.
Take all your scene and set it a simgle gradient z pattern ambient 1 no
light, dark away from the camera, light toward the camera. Scale the
pattern to match the depth of your scene.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> Take all your scene and set it a simgle gradient z pattern ambient 1 no
> light, dark away from the camera, light toward the camera. Scale the
> pattern to match the depth of your scene.

Thanks!  That's exactly what I'm looking for.

--
Bryan