POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Buffer issues on Solaris Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Buffer issues on Solaris (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jimmy James
Subject: Buffer issues on Solaris
Date: 7 Dec 2002 21:45:06
Message: <web.3df2b10939ecfeb8146c0cb60@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

    Nothing major here, but I just got a build of POV 3.50c running on my
Sun Blade 100 Ultrasparc 500Mhz, Solaris 8.  Both the light and vista
buffers were causing cores.  I turned them off in the INI file and
everything else seems to work fine.  Don't know if its something I did or a
platform specific bug, as I'm not having the problem on Linux or Win32, but
I figured I'd post it anyway as an FYI.  Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

>     Nothing major here, but I just got a build of POV 3.50c running on my
> Sun Blade 100 Ultrasparc 500Mhz, Solaris 8.  Both the light and vista
> buffers were causing cores.  I turned them off in the INI file and
> everything else seems to work fine.  Don't know if its something I did or a
> platform specific bug, as I'm not having the problem on Linux or Win32, but
> I figured I'd post it anyway as an FYI.  Thanks!

Compile it as a 32 bit application, not a 64 bit application.

    Thorsten