POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4D noise? Useful for clouds & terrains that evolve over time? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  4D noise? Useful for clouds & terrains that evolve over time? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ron ivi
Subject: 4D noise? Useful for clouds & terrains that evolve over time?
Date: 19 Aug 2002 22:20:05
Message: <web.3d61a6f2a4850269cd0d0b840@news.povray.org>
Is there a way of generating 4-dimentional noise (where the clock would be
the fourth).

I believe it's quite useful for generating effects that evolve over time,
like turbulent fog-media and landscapes like the one described here:

http://www.kenperlin.com/talk1/28.html

  Ron

(Yes, that Perlin in the URL is the guy who Perlin Noise is named after.)

Post a reply to this message