POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Newbee Question Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbee Question (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Alan Kong
Subject: Re: Newbee Question
Date: 3 Feb 2001 16:29:50
Message: <t0uo7tkahao790qkg56rcbbj1uc6vdaggg@4ax.com>
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001 22:14:08 -0000 Ian Pembroke wrote:

>I want to try the rendering quality switches but don't know how to write the
>lines of code for this nor where to place them in my source code file. Can
>you please help?

  Hi, Ian. If you use POV-Ray for Windows, bring up the command line
dialog box by pressing ALT+C from the editor window. Section 3.1.1
"Command Line Switches" of the POV-Ray documentation states the
following:

"Command line switches consist of a + (plus) or - (minus) sign, followed
by one or more alphabetic characters and possibly a numeric value. Here
is a typical command line with switches (Windows version example):

povray +Isimple.pov +V +W80 +H60"

  Section 3.2.6.1 "Quality Settings" of the docs explains what each
quality setting does. Here's an example of how to use it in the command
line (for use with Windows version command line):

+q0

  This command (plus 'Q' zero) will render your scene showing only
'quick' colors and full ambient lighting. This command will also be used
in subsequent renderings unless you bring up the command line dialog box
once more to delete or modify the quality setting.

(follow-ups to povray.newuser)