POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem installing UNIX povray-3.1e at odd location Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:31:11 EDT (-0400)
  Problem installing UNIX povray-3.1e at odd location (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Anders Henriksson
Subject: Problem installing UNIX povray-3.1e at odd location
Date: 2 Apr 1999 01:14:53
Message: <slrn7g8o2t.qmb.d95has+news@bap.dtek.chalmers.se>
I want to install my povray-3.1e to use  /usr/pd/povray31  instead
of  /usr/local/lib/povray31  as POV_LIB_DIR. I have changed the
entry both in the makefile and in unixconf.h but when i compile
povray it still falls back to /usr/local/lib/povray31.

Has this happened to anyone else? How can I correct this?

(It's important for me to use that directory, and I need the
fallback-option for the povray.ini-file, as I install on a
multi-user system.)

regards,
  Anders

Post a reply to this message

Anders Henriksson <d95has+new### [at] dtekchalmersse> wrote:
>I want to install my povray-3.1e to use  /usr/pd/povray31  instead
>of  /usr/local/lib/povray31  as POV_LIB_DIR. I have changed the
>entry both in the makefile and in unixconf.h but when i compile
>povray it still falls back to /usr/local/lib/povray31.

Cause found. Problem solved.

/Anders