POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : texture cross dissolve Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  texture cross dissolve (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Paul Bourke
Subject: texture cross dissolve
Date: 31 Oct 2005 02:44:37
Message: <pdbNOSPAM-BED860.18442631102005@news.povray.org>
How does one do a cross dissolve between two image based textures
based upon the clock variable say. I have applied textures for example
{details removed)

  mesh2 {
      vertex_vectors { 4, <>, <>, <>, <> }
      uv_vectors { 4, <,>, <,>, <,>, <,> }
      face_indices { 2, <0,1,2>, <2,3,0> }
      uv_mapping
      texture { texture00 }
      scale <>
      translate <>
   }

Earlier I have defined texture00 and texure01 something like

   #declare texture00 = texture {
      pigment { image_map { tga "textures/tex00.tga" once } }
      finish { texfinish }
   }

So between two time periods I want to cross fade between texture00
and texture01 dependent on the clock variable.

Certainly reply to this group but an email is good also.

--
Paul Bourke
pdb(NOSPAM)swin.edu.au

Post a reply to this message

>How does one do a cross dissolve between two image based textures
>based upon the clock variable say.

Use an average texture_map, with the weights of each texture derived
from the clock variable, something like this

texture {
 average texture_map {
  [1-clock texture00]
  [clock   texture01]