POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parse Warning: Suspicious expression after rgb Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Parse Warning: Suspicious expression after rgb (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Parse Warning: Suspicious expression after rgb
Date: 15 May 2013 15:35:00
Message: <op.ww44olehufxv4h@xena>
How can I find out what this suspicious expression is?
The variable was obtained through eval_pigment()

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 15 May 2013 17:36:28
Message: <5193ffdc$1@news.povray.org>

> How can I find out what this suspicious expression is?
> The variable was obtained through eval_pigment()

This is generated when what follow the rgb keyword may not be a valid
rgb triplet. It can appen in a number of ways, mostly when you apply
some arithmetics to your colour.

Normaly, it's safe to just ignore that warning. It can be used as a hint
when the colour you see is not what you intended or what it should be.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 15 May 2013 23:36:39 +0200, Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

>> How can I find out what this suspicious expression is?
>> The variable was obtained through eval_pigment()
>>

> This is generated when what follow the rgb keyword may not be a valid

> rgb triplet. It can appen in a number of ways, mostly when you apply

> some arithmetics to your colour.
>
> Normaly, it's safe to just ignore that warning. It can be used as a hi
nt

> when the colour you see is not what you intended or what it should be.

> Alain

Thanks Alain.

--

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

Am 15.05.2013 21:34, schrieb Nekar Xenos:
> How can I find out what this suspicious expression is?
> The variable was obtained through eval_pigment()

I suspect eval_pigment() gives you a 5-component colour (RGBFT), while
rgb expects a 3-component vector. Try using "rgbft" instead of "rgb", or
omitting the "rgb" keyword entirely.

Post a reply to this message