POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : STL file problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  STL file problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: john
Subject: STL file problem
Date: 17 Feb 2009 11:04:14
Message: <fdnlp4tq9jt8skqtivv1a8t9bduupr2ufo@4ax.com>
I have a copy of the free command line STL2POV converter that works
well for many STL files but not for the one I really want to run !!!!!
.

This is "Magnatron.stl"  produced by Bathsheba Grossman.  As described
at http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/slicingstl

trying to convert this file gives an error and a very small .inc file.
I assume that there is an error in the stl file itself.

A few questions.

1	Has anyone got a working version of .metatron.inc and if so
where did it come from.

2	Is there a windowns stl  - pov conversion program rather than
the DOS one.

3	On a similar theme how can you get .off files into POVray ?

John

Post a reply to this message

> 1 Has anyone got a working version of .metatron.inc and if so
> where did it come from.
>
> 2 Is there a windowns stl  - pov conversion program rather than
> the DOS one.
>
> 3 On a similar theme how can you get .off files into POVray ?

Can't help you with the first one I'm afraid, but Meshlab should help for the
rest. Convert to .obj, then use the excellent PoseRay to get the .objs to
POV-Ray.

http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/
http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

A little convoluted, but should do the job!

:)
Bill

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:22:37 EST, "Bill Pragnell"
<bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>john <@>ntlworld.com wrote:
>> A few questions.
>>
>> 1 Has anyone got a working version of .metatron.inc and if so
>> where did it come from.
>>
>> 2 Is there a windowns stl  - pov conversion program rather than
>> the DOS one.
>>
>> 3 On a similar theme how can you get .off files into POVray ?
>

>Can't help you with the first one I'm afraid, but Meshlab should help for the
>rest. Convert to .obj, then use the excellent PoseRay to get the .objs to
>POV-Ray.
>
>http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/
>http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/
>
>A little convoluted, but should do the job!
>
>:)
>Bill

Thanks that helped a lot.
Meshlab opend the metatron.stl file and from there I could get it into
pov with Poseray.

Should work OK with the off files as well

thanks