POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wading back into the POV-Ray ocean after some years absence Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Wading back into the POV-Ray ocean after some years absence (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: BookWight
Subject: Wading back into the POV-Ray ocean after some years absence
Date: 8 Apr 2011 14:37:17
Message: <Xns9EC17637F6F67bookwight@203.29.75.35>
Hi -

I dabbled briefly in raytracing around 2000 to 2001.

I recall seeing several images back then which I would like to duplicate
for the sake of my own learning about POV-Ray macros and/or programming.

The first series of images was a cube of spheres (for example) from 1 to 10
along each of the 3 axes, with varying sizes, colors, etc.

The other item which I recall being mentioned (and I'm not sure I ever saw
an image for this) was some macro/function for constructing a helix around
an object.  I'd like to see a helix around a helix around a helix, etc.,
and I don't mean concentric helix, like the rings of an onion.

with respectful regards,

Bookwight