POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AA adaptive +am2? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  AA adaptive +am2? (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: AA adaptive +am2?
Date: 1 May 2004 17:08:48
Message: <Xns94DCEB350F6B7raf256com@203.29.75.35>
Hmm try rendering an empty scene with atialias options

+a0.03 +am2 +r90 +w320 +h240

this scene is rendering terrible slow (few minutes on 2 GHz), isnt there
something wrong with AA code?

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/

Post a reply to this message

From: Slime
Subject: Re: AA adaptive +am2?
Date: 1 May 2004 17:53:41
Message: <40941c65$1@news.povray.org>
> +a0.03 +am2 +r90 +w320 +h240
>
> this scene is rendering terrible slow (few minutes on 2 GHz), isnt there
> something wrong with AA code?

I can confirm this. In fact, adding variation to the scene doesn't even seem
to make a difference.

It's strange though, because I've used AM2 before with no problems (as far
as I remember), so I don't know what the difference is.

(POV-Ray 3.5, Windows XP)

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message